- 12 month - 2 year contracts available
- The department is accredited for ACEM & ACRRM training
- Gain experience from rotations in other medical specialties
In the position of Principal House Office/Registrar you will be expected to participate in the provision of high-level emergency clinical services to ensure that safe, high quality, patient centred care is provided to all within the West Moreton Health Service. The ED treats 200+ patients per day giving staff the opportunity to obtain experience across a broad range of cases.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Provide emergency medical services under the supervision of medical staff
- Develop management plans and perform medical and surgical treatment and investigations under supervision of senior medical staff
- Participate in the resuscitation of adult and paediatric patients as an important member of the acute resuscitation team
- Participate in the supervision and teaching of junior medical staff
- Actively contribute to developing and maintaining a culture that values health and safety and where staff are vigilant to risks of harm to their co-workers, clients, or visitors
Located in Brisbane, the South East Region, you'll enjoy a booming urban precinct as well as lush rural hinterland. There are ample parks, recreational facilities and shopping infrastructre in the region, along with an array of educational centres and health care facilities.
You'll need to demonstrate your ability to work in a multidisciplinary healthcare team, have a level of written, oral and interpersonal skills and be confident in supervising and training junior staff. You must have registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Medical Practitioner and have working rights with Australia.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in contact Shelley Caswell on +64 284184229 and quote job reference number JREF-108906.
Perhaps you are looking for something a little different?
We have plenty more roles available so do get in touch so we can furnish you with more relevant opportunities.